Business Start-Ups & Formation
We help entrepreneurs launch new ventures such as limited liability companies and corporations. At The Fried Firm, we handle every aspect of corporate formation, restructuring, internal governance
It is our goal to act as in-house counsel for our clients’ business, so we can anticipate the next steps without having to be briefed. At The Fried Firm, we are comfortable facilitating operating agreements, website terms and conditions, and master service agreements. We clearly draft and closely examine contracts to maximize value and reduce risk. Every contract is tailored to the client’s specific needs and the circumstances of each particular transaction.
The Fried Firm attorneys can provide counsel for the employment aspects of your business, including contract drafting for employees and independent contractors, facilitating onboarding processes (including W-4, I-9, and healthcare policies), establishing payroll and taxes, and drafting official employee handbooks and company policy.
Business Disputes & Litigation
Although we pride ourselves in keeping clients out of court, The Fried Firm’s litigation practice is prepared to handle almost any matter that winds up there. We strive to resolve all litigation matters as efficiently, effectively and painlessly as possible.
Entertainment, Music & Media Law
The Fried Firm attorneys each have unique histories in entertainment and creative arts, which gives us insight into our clients’ needs. We strive to understand how to elevate our client’s brand in the current landscape of its respective industry. We provide representation in all aspects of entertainment law and entertainment business affairs, including:
- The purchase and sale of entertainment companies,
- Entertainment-related transactions and development of internal systems,
- Talent agreements,
- Film development,
- Production and finance transactions,
- Event production agreements and licensing agreements,
- Transactions involving product endorsements and sponsorships,
- Transactions for audio-visual programming, web, software and application Development and exploitation,
- Distribution of entertainment content across multiple platforms including physical, broadcast and internet distribution,
- Music licensing and clearances, and
- Recording agreements.
Copyright & Trademark Law
We provide thorough intellectual property protection services including federal and state trademark as well as federal copyright registration, enforcement
In order to ensure that our clients’ intellectual property is protected to the fullest extent possible, we guide clients through the process, conducting thorough searches of existing and pending marks and copyrights, drafting opinion letters concerning the likelihood of successful registration and potential pitfalls – not just within the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or the Library of Congress, but potential real-world conflicts with similar marks and copyrights.
In order to maximize the value of the brand, we administer the licensing, assignment and/or transfer of our client’s intellectual properties.
In defense of threatened intellectual property, our firm will handle all aspects of litigation including administering a cease & desist, filing a trademark or copyright infringement lawsuit, and/or defending threatened litigation.
To best help businesses and individuals navigate the ever-evolving legal standards for the Internet, our Internet law practice includes:
- Copyright and Trademark Law
Rightof Publicity and Right of Privacy
- First Amendment and defamation matters
- Website terms and conditions
- Compliance with privacy laws
- Licensing agreements and disputes
Our attorneys at The Fried Firm also assist in general legal transactions, such as real estate, estate planning, and litigation.
A licensed professional notary public is available at our offices during normal business hours.
To schedule an appointment, contact us at: 718-422-0500
- Media companies
- Record labels
- Music publishing companies
- Management & booking agencies
- Film production companies
- Recording artists
- Songwriters & composers
- Television personalities
- Film & television producers, directors & editors
- Digital agencies
- Web, software, video game & app developers
- Fashion, jewelry & lifestyle brands
- Performance venues, bars & restaurants
- Food & beverage companies
- Illustrators & visual artists
- Event producers
- Video production companies
- Architects & interior designers
- Arts collectives & art galleries
- Non-profit organizations
THE FRIED FIRM NEW YORK CITY
Tel: (718) 422-0500
Fax: (718) 228-7603
Celebrating 10 years of service!
Se habla español.
On parle français.
Monday - Friday
9AM - 6PM
Saturday - Sunday